Seven Truths to Move you Forward by Faith!
So then, brothers, we are obligated, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs- heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
This passage is loaded with seven truths to move you forward by faith. You will be encouraged and motivated to win the race. Get these seven truth statements in your heart. Meditate on them today.
1. Truth (Romans 8:12): We are no longer slaves to sin, so we are not obligated to live according to the flesh (sin nature).
2. Truth (Romans 8:13a): The consequences of living according to the flesh is death. Sin gives momentary pleasure (Hebrews 11:25) leading to death.
3. Truth (Romans 8:13b): We are to put to death the sinful deeds of the body which is infected by sin. We do this by the power of the Holy Spirit. We use the power of the Spirit by attempting to do God’s will expecting Him to fulfill our attempt with His power. We put to death the deeds of the body by saying “no” to sin and “yes” to God’s will (review Romans 6:11-14).
4. Truth (Romans 8:14): The Holy Spirit leads all believers (“sons of God”) into all truth (Ezekiel 36:27; John 16:13). We follow by faith, even if it costs us our life (Galatians 2:20; Matthew 16:24-25).
5. Truth (Romans 8:15): We need continual reminding that we are not slaves to sin, but children of God with all of God’s resources available to us to live free from sin (2 Peter 1:3-4). We need to always think of ourselves as our Father’s children with all the privileges of God’s rule.
6. Truth (Romans 8:16): We need to continually be listening to the Spirit as He tells us who we are, children of God!
7. Truth (Romans 8:17): As God’s children we are heirs of all of God’s estate. We need the Lord to help us know and understand all that we have inherited, so we ask Him to help us know (Ephesians 1:16-18). We also need to remember that we live in a sinful world where people hurt one another and cause others to suffer, especially those who shine forth the light of Christ (John 3:19-20; 1 Peter 4:3-4, 12, 19). We will suffer for a short time, but will be glorified with Jesus Christ for all eternity and live free from the presence of sin and in the presence of God (John 14:1-3; 1 Corinthians 13:12).
Jesus is saying to us who believe, “Beloved, remember you are Mine. Don’t let sin bully or manipulate you anymore. Live in My freedom by obeying all I have commanded you by the power I have given you. You do this by living in this body by faith in Me. I will provide all you need to live an abundant life now, in this sinful world, and forevermore in the new heavens and earth I will create when I come.”
May you receive this truth today and be set free.
Three key questions to ask as we prayerfully read the scriptures:
Sign up HERE to receive our FREE daily devotions five days a week in your inbox.
*Photo license Adobe Stock